Additional Hirer Requirements
- You, the hirer, will be responsible for ensuring those attending your activity or event comply with the COVID-19 Secure Guidelines while entering and occupying the hall, in particular using the hand sanitiser supplied when entering the hall and after using tissues.
- You are also responsible for ensuring the use of face masks
- You undertake to comply with the actions identified in the chapel’s risk assessment, which you have been provided with a copy.
- You will clean door handles, light switches, window catches, equipment and all surfaces likely to be used during your period of hire before other members of your group or organisation arrive
- You will clean door handles, light switches, window catches, equipment and all surfaces likely to have been used during your period of hire after other members of your group or organisation have left
- You will keep a simple record of what you cleaned, when and with what cleaning product so you can demonstrate due care.
- If you use the toilets then you will clean the door handles, toilet handles and seats, wash basins, soap dispensers, etc. before your group arrived and after they leave
Please take care cleaning electrical equipment. Use cloths - do not spray, especially with alcohol based products
- You will make sure that everyone likely to attend your activity or event understands that they MUST NOT DO SO if they or anyone in their household has had COVID-19 symptoms in the last 7 days, and that if they develop symptoms within 7 days of visiting the premises they MUST use the Test, Track and Trace system to alert others with whom they have been in contact.
- You will ensure groups of less than 6 are maintained before after and during the event.
- You will keep the premises well ventilated throughout your hire, with windows and doors open as far as convenient. You will be responsible for ensuring they are all securely closed on leaving.
- You will ensure that no more than 30 people attend your activity/event (Government requirement), in order that social distancing can be maintained during the event. Your risk assessment should make sure the room booked is large enough to allow social distancing.
- You will ensure that everyone attending maintains social distancing while waiting to enter the premises, observes any marked one-way system within the premises, and as far as possible when using more confined areas e.g. moving and stowing equipment, which should be kept as brief as possible. You will make sure that no more than two people use the toilet area at one time.
- You will take particular care to ensure that social distancing is maintained for any persons aged 70 or over or likely to be clinically more vulnerable to COVID-19, including for example keeping a 2m distance around them when going in and out of rooms and ensuring they can access the toilets, kitchen or other confined areas without others being present. For some people, passing another person in a confined space is less risky, but for older people that should be avoided.
- You will position furniture or the arrangement of the room as far as possible to facilitate people seating side by side, with at least one empty chair between each person, rather than face to face. If tables are being used, you will place them so as to maintain a distance of at least 2 metres across the table between people who are face to face e.g. using a wide U-shape
- You will be responsible for the collection and disposal in the bins provided of all rubbish created during your hire, including tissues and cleaning cloths
- Where food and drink are used, you will encourage users to bring their own drinks and food. Waste from the food and any cleaning will be collected and removed from the hall by you.
- We will have the right to close the chapel if there are safety concerns relating to COVID-19, for example, if someone who has attended the hall develops symptoms and thorough cleansing is required or if it is reported that the Additional Hiring Conditions above are not being complied with, whether by you or by other hirers, or in the event that public buildings are asked or required to close again. If this is necessary, we will do our best to inform you promptly and you will not be charged for this hire.
- Other special points as appropriate and allowed
- For performances and other events with seated audiences: You will provide attendants who will ask people to seat themselves furthest from the entrance on arrival, to exit closest to the exits first and invite people to use toilets in the interval row by row.
- Where a group uses their own equipment: You will ask those attending to bring their own equipment and not share it with other members.
- You will ensure that any equipment you provide is cleaned before use and before being stored in the chapel’s cupboards.
You can view our Risk Assessment here.